- [C]肝脏 large organ in the abdomen that produces bile and purifies the blood
- [U][C](供食用的)肝 liver of certain animal, used as food
large and complicated reddish-brown glandular organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity; secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; synthesizes vitamin A; detoxifies poisonous substances and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes
liver of an animal used as meat
a person who has a special life style;
"a high liver"
someone who lives in a place;
"a liver in cities"
having a reddish-brown color
- The poor man has a serious disease of the liver.
- He's got a cancer in his liver.
- Excessive dosage of this drug can result in injury to the liver.
- He has a weak liver.
- This is a delicious dish:liver and onions.
- damage one's liver 损害肝脏
Silver set down a plate of eggs, chicken livers, and toast.出自： J. Rule
To be an artist was..synonymous with being a loose liver and an atheist.出自： Hugh Walpole
The Brewsters were long livers. The old man looked good for another thirty years.出自： D. Hewett