- [U][C]液体 a substance which is not a solid or a gas, which flows, is wet, and has no fixed shape
- 液体的,液态的 in the form of a liquid
- 清澈的,明亮的 clear, as if covered in clean water
- (声音)流畅的 (of sounds) clear and flowing, with a pure quality
a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
fluid matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
a frictionless continuant that is not a nasal consonant (especially `l' and `r')
existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow;
"water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
filled or brimming with tears;
"sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
clear and bright;
"the liquid air of a spring morning"
"eyes shining with a liquid luster"
"limpid blue eyes"
changed from a solid to a liquid state;
"rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"
smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness;
"the liquid song of a robin"
smooth and unconstrained in movement;
"a long, smooth stride"
"the fluid motion of a cat"
"the liquid grace of a ballerina"
in cash or easily convertible to cash;
"liquid (or fluid) assets"
- The doctor recommended that the patient be fed liquid food.
- Air whether in the gaseous or liquid state is a fluid.
- The earth is believed to have a liquid core.
- Kate is a pretty girl with large liquid eyes.
- The liquid note of an oriole sound pleasing to the ear.
- How much liquid capital do you have to invest?
- Plasma is clear yellow liquid.
- The liquid was 5 litres in volume.
- She poured out a large quantity of liquid from a bottle.
- A liquid flows freely and has no fixed shape.
- Other liquids are oil and milk.
- The doctor recommended that the patient should be fed liquid food.
- Water, milk and blood are liquid substances.
- She has liquid and blue eyes.
- This kind of bird has a liquid song.
- If you melt butter, it becomes liquid.
Which feedes each living plant with liquid sap.出自： Spenser
Decking with liquid pearl the bladed grass.出自：Midsummer Night's Dream , Shakespeare
He..squirted liquid soap into the sink.出自： G. Gordon