- [C]囚犯 person in jail;a prisoner
one of several resident of a dwelling (especially someone confined to a prison or hospital)
a patient who is residing in the hospital where he is being treated
a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- I am an inmate of that hospital.
- The inmate had put in six years at hard labor.
- The report said that inmates were forced to live in dirty and unhealthy conditions.
- This is a novel depicting the bitter sufferings of the inmates in a Nazi concentration camp.
We have never had a lodger or any kind of inmate.出自： H. James