- adj. 懒惰的；慢性的
disinclined to work or exertion;
"faineant kings under whose rule the country languished"
"an indolent hanger-on"
"too lazy to wash the dishes"
"shiftless idle youth"
"the unemployed are not necessarily work-shy"
(of tumors, e.g.) slow to heal or develop and usually painless;
"an indolent ulcer"
"leprosy is an indolent infectious disease"
- I don't want to make friends with indolent persons.
- Those who revel in the Internet tend to lead an indolent life.
- Leprosy is an indolent infectious disease.
- Indolent lymphoma can have a very long duration often without the need for treatment but is not often cured.
- indolent gingivitis [医] 无痛龈炎...
I am naturally indolent and without application to any kind of business.出自： Horace Walpole
An appearance of swiftness and great competence despite the indolent posture.出自： R. P. Warren
She wandered from one dusky room into the other, too indolent to put the light on.出自： E. Templeton