- [C]赞美诗，圣歌，颂歌 song of praise,especially to God,usually one of the religious songs of the Christian church which all the people sing together during a service
a song of praise (to God or to a saint or to a nation)
sing a hymn
praise by singing a hymn;
"They hymned their love of God"
- The priests piously consecrated the robbery with a hymn.
- He sang the verse of the hymn and we joined in the chorus.
- The hymn followed him faintly as he crossed the fields.
- They have no idea that the evil is on her way when they are singing a hymn in the church.
- We go to church to sing hymns on Sundays.
Nothing but the sound of hymns at morning and evening prayers had been heard.出自： W. Soyinka
- hymnal adj. 赞美诗的，使用赞美诗的‖hymnist n. 赞美诗作者