a long loud emotional utterance;
"he gave a howl of pain"
"howls of laughter"
"their howling had no effect"
extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers;
"a fantastic trip to the Orient"
"the film was fantastic!"
"a howling success"
"a marvelous collection of rare books"
"had a rattling conversation about politics"
"a tremendous achievement"
- The book was a howling success.
- We got stuck in a howling blizzard.
- The dog was howling for its paw was hurt.
- I could hear her scream through the howling of the storm.
- In his escape, he walked six days in the midst of howling wilderness.
The Frankie marketing campaign was a howling success.出自：Times
If he wasn't guilty of (at best) howling incompetence, somebody in his administration was.出自：Listener