- n. 敌意；敌对状态；公开战争
- [U]敌意，敌对状态 a state of extreme unfriendliness;enmity
- [P]战争行动，战斗 acts of fighting in war
a hostile (very unfriendly) disposition;
"he could not conceal his hostility"
a state of deep-seated ill-will
the feeling of a hostile person;
"he could no longer contain his hostility"
violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked
- I feel no hostility towards anyone.
- There is open hostility between the two leaders.
- We should turn hostility into friendship.
- Gay men and lesbians say there is less overt hostility than in the west and certainly less physical harassment.
- His criticisms are clearly coloured by hostility.
- Not a word was spoken, but she could feel the hostility in the room.
- There was no overt hostility between the two men.
- Hostilities have broken out between the two countries.
- act of hostility 敌对行为
His first wife..had suffered much public hostility due to his politics.出自： N. Mosley
Nor does the new openness to religion signify a hostility to science.出自：New Republic
- enmity 敌意
- offense 过错
- animosity 憎恶
- hatred 仇恨
- offensive 令人不快的
- aggression 进攻
- antagonism 对抗
- anger 愤怒
- resentment 怨恨
- opposition 反对
- argumentativeness 激辩
- intimidation 恐吓
- ill will 憎恶
- amity 友好关系