- n. 鸣笛声；猫头鹰叫声；一点点；好笑的人或事
- v. 大声叫嚣；(汽笛、喇叭等)呜呜作响；哄赶
a loud raucous cry (as of an owl)
a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
something of little value;
"his promise is not worth a damn"
"not worth one red cent"
"not worth shucks"
to utter a loud clamorous shout;
"the toughs and blades of the city hoot and bang their drums, drink arak, play dice, and dance"
utter the characteristic sound of owls
- In a string of shrill hoot of the horn sound, he quickly ran to her.
- We heard the distant hoot of an owl in the woods.
- I don't care one single hoot what you said about him; I like him.
- His proposal isn't worth a hoot.
- You ought to meet her, she's a hoot.
- It sounds like a hoot and one can only hope that this TV program gets picked up here, too.
- There is again a traffic jam at the crossroads and many people hoot to protest restlessly.
- As Owen made no response to the invitations, the crowd began to hoot.
- Whenever the chairman tried to explain at the meeting he was hooted off.
I heard certain mutterings and hoots among the students.出自： C. G. Leland
A troop of strange children ran at his heels, hooting at him.出自： W. Irving
Visibility was hardly as much as twenty yards and he drove..slowly, hooting almost continuously.出自： C. Mackenzie
The whole crowd was hollering and hooting, whistling, throwing paper..into the ring.出自： W. Wharton
- cry 哭
- yell 大叫
- call 呼叫
- hiss 嘘声
- beep 哔哔声
- honk 汽车喇叭声
- toot 发出鸣声或嘟嘟声...
- tootle 轻吹
- blare 巨响
- whoop 叫喊
- howl 长嚎
- shout 呼喊
- roar 吼叫
- straw 稻草
- blow 打击
- cry out 大喊(大声疾呼)...
- disapproval 不赞成
- gibe 嘲笑
- sound 声音
- bark (狗)吠
- tinker's damn 毫无价值的东西...
- red cent 一分钱
- shit 表示愤怒、厌恶等的感叹词...
- bird 鸟
- boo (表示不满、轻蔑等)嘘...
- razz 轻蔑声
- shucks 呸！无聊！可恶（表示不满...
- razzing 倒彩声
- darn 织补
- snort 喷鼻息作声
- Bronx cheer 讥讽声
- raspberry 覆盆子
- damn 该死