poisonous drug derived from an Eurasian plant of the genus Conium;
"Socrates refused to flee and died by drinking hemlock"
large branching biennial herb native to Eurasia and Africa and adventive in North America having large fernlike leaves and white flowers; usually found in damp habitats; all parts extremely poisonous
soft coarse splintery wood of a hemlock tree especially the western hemlock
an evergreen tree
- Here is a beech by the side of a hemlock, with three pines at hand.
- The man was poisoned with hemlock.
- He was condemned to drink a cup of hemlock.
- poison hemlock [植]芹叶钩吻...
- western hemlock 美国西部铁杉...
- hemlock parsley 川芎
- hemlock bark extract 铁杉树皮浸膏...
- alpine hemlock 高山铁杉
- hemlock extract 铁杉树皮栲胶...
- hemlock oil 云杉油
- California hemlock spruce 加州铁杉
- water hemlock [医] 毒芹
- lesser hemlock 小毒芹
- hemlock poisoning [医] 毒茴类植物中...
- ground hemlock 加拿大紫杉(Taxu...
- hemlock spruce 铁杉
A drowsy numbness pains My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk.出自： Keats