the ratio of the volume occupied by packed red blood cells to the volume of the whole blood as measured by a hematocrit
a measuring instrument to determine (usually by centrifugation) the relative amounts of corpuscles and plasma in the blood
- The hematocrit did not change in 3 weeks.
- Anemia was defined as a baseline hematocrit of less than 36%.
- The blood requirements should be determined by the hematocrit.
- Methods To determine blood viscosity, plasma viscosity and hematocrit.
- Current Labs: Hemoglobin, hematocrit, glucose, UA; urine dipstick for protein.
- OBJECTIVE: To study the change of haenoglobin( Hb) and Hematocrit( HCT) in the period of pregnancy of pregnant women.