steering mechanism for a vessel; a mechanical device by which a vessel is steered
a position of leadership;
"the President is at the helm of the Ship of State"
be at or take the helm of;
"helm the ship"
- The ship does't answer to the helm.
- The ship is still feeling her helm.
- The general has taken the helm of the states.
- He was determined to helm the exhibition.
- take the helm 开始掌管, 承担领导...
- at the helm 掌舵
- answer the helm 能随舵转向
- helm down 舵柄推向下风...
- small helm 小角度转舵
- weather helm 舵略向迎风面...
- helm roof 盔胄顶
- helm angle 舵角
- radar helm 装有雷达定向仪的头盔...
- port the helm 舵柄向左
- ease helm 转回
- helm up 舵柄推向上风...
- helm cloud 盖山乌云
- right the helm 拨正船舵
- at the helm of state 掌握国家大权...
- obey the helm 能随舵转向
- respond to the helm 能随舵转向
- ease the helm 将舵转回中央位置...
Naseby gave the rudder maximum helm to port.出自： A. MacLean
Local boats helmed by Jack Roy and Roger Bannon set the pace.出自：Irish Press
Mark Lester was finally signed to helm the movie.出自：Evening Press (Eire)