have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense;
"She has $1,000 in the bank"
"He has got two beautiful daughters"
"She holds a Master's degree from Harvard"
- I am glad to know that you have got well.
- You need not have got up so early.
- Be married next Christmas, for you will have got your master's degree by then.
- I have got everything ready for the trip.
- I couldn't have got to the meeting on time -- unless I had caught an earlier train.
- Mary's parents, it is said, have got divorced.
- You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
- They have got home safe and sound.