- [C]枪,炮 a weapon from which bullets are fired through a metal tube
- [S]起跑信号,发令枪声 signal to begin a race, given with a starting pistol
- vt. & vi. 开枪,开炮 shoot sb or fire the gun
- vt. & vi. 加大油门 step heavily on the accelerator
a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
large but transportable armament
a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
a professional killer who uses a gun
a hand-operated pump that resembles a revolver; forces grease into parts of a machine
a pedal that controls the throttle valve;
"he stepped on the gas"
the discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies;
"two runners started before the gun"
"a twenty gun salute"
shoot with a gun
- The gun has a carry of 400 yards.
- He was clubbed to death with a butt of a gun.
- It's illegal to carry guns in our country.
- The soldier saw a gun jutting out from a bush.
- The gun has an elevation of 45 degrees.
- Two soldiers dismounted the gun from the base.
- I saw them gun down innocent women and children.
- a big〔great〕 gun
大人物,要人 important person
- draw a gun on
以枪威胁某人 use a gun to threaten sb
- stick to〔stand by〕 one's guns
坚持自己的意见 refuse to change one's opinions
- under the gun(s)
全速 at full speed
- gun down (v.+adv.)
用枪击伤,枪杀 shoot, kill or wound (sb) with a gun, especially without pity
gun sb/sth ⇔ down
The criminal gunned the policeman down and escaped.
The Japanese troops gunned down countless numbers of innocent Chinese when they invaded China.
The guard was gunned down.
- gun for (v.+prep.)
追求,竭力谋求 try to seek sth
- adjust a gun (将火炮等)调整好射击
- aim one's gun at 把枪瞄准…
- beat the gun 偷跑
- carry a gun 带枪
- clean a gun 擦枪
- draw a gun 拔出枪来
- fire a gun 开枪
- hold a gun 持枪
- hold a gun on sb 把枪对准某人
- hold a gun to sb's head 把枪口对准某人的脑袋
- jump the gun 提前行动,(赛跑时的)抢跑
- lay a gun 瞄准
- level one's gun at 用枪瞄准…,把枪对准…
- load a gun 装子弹
- man a gun 就位
- point a gun at sb 用枪对着某人
- shoot a gun 放枪,打炮
- shoulder a gun 扛枪,使枪上肩
- stick to one's guns 固守阵地,固执己见
- turn one's gun round 掉转枪口
- air gun 气枪
- BB gun BB 型气枪
- field gun 野战炮
- machine gun 机关枪
- magazine gun 连发枪
- ray gun 激光枪,射线枪
- shot gun 猎枪
- Tommy gun 〈口〉汤姆枪,冲锋枪
- starter's gun 发令枪
- warship with 16-inch guns 装备16英寸口径大炮的兵舰
- as sure as a gun 千真万确
- be made like a gun 造得结实
- under the gun 在严密监视之下
- gun down 枪杀
- gun for 用枪搜索捕杀,寻求,争取,伺机加害
They had two camel guns, small cannons which could be..fired from the backs of camels.出自： J. G. Farrell
Police 'gunned down innocent man by mistake.'出自：Times