英 [ɡə'rɪlə] 美 [ɡə'rɪlə]
- n. 游击队员
- adj. 游击队的
- [C]游击队员 person (not a member of a regular army) engaged in fighting in small secret groups
a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
- He is a guerrilla fighting for his people.
- The guerrilla nosed a way through the forest.
- The guerrilla raised his gun, and pang, another German soldier bit the dust.
- Guerrilla tactics were employed during most of the war.
- He travelled on foot for several days until he safely reached a guerrilla base.
- He had been held a prisoner by the guerrillas.
- Our guerrillas suddenly became alert as the dogs barked.