- 贪吃的; 贪心的,贪婪的; 渴望的 filled with greed or desire
immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth;
"they are avaricious and will do anything for money"
"casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields"
"a grasping old miser"
"greedy for money and power"
"grew richer and greedier"
"prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees"
(often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous;
"avid for adventure"
"an avid ambition to succeed"
"fierce devouring affection"
"the esurient eyes of an avid curiosity"
"greedy for fame"
wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume;
"don't be greedy with the cookies"
- He is a greedy capitalist.
- He looked at the shop window with greedy eyes.
- He is a greedy little boy.
- You are so greedy.
- Many people are greedy of office.
- She was greedy for power.
- The roots of the plant are greedy for water.
- It was greedy of them to eat up all the candy.
Three sausages! You greedy thing!出自： W. Boyd