gossip spread by spoken communication;
"the news of their affair was spread by word of mouth"
any of numerous woody vines of genus Vitis bearing clusters of edible berries
- The grapevine creeps along the wall.
- People said they looked like a grapevine.
- This grapevine has grown many new twigs.
- I heard it through the grapevine.
- I heard on the grapevine that you're leaving.
Contacts who had heard, on the grapevine, that he was looking for work.出自： T. Heald
The grapevine says I'm finished.出自： J. Heller
The 'grapevine' is a loose association of active birders who keep in touch by passing on news of rare and interesting birds.出自：Bird Watching