- n. 特约演奏；临时工作；[计]十亿字节；单马双轮轻便马车；赛艇；鱼叉；(军队的)记过
- v. 特约演奏；乘轻便马车或快艇；用鱼叉捕鱼；记军事处分
long and light rowing boat; especially for racing
an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
a cluster of hooks (without barbs) that is drawn through a school of fish to hook their bodies; used when fish are not biting
tender that is a light ship's boat; often for personal use of captain
small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and no hood
a booking for musicians;
"they played a gig in New Jersey"
- Posters for the gig appeared all over town.
- Their second gig earned them a rave review.
- The band played a final gig before splitting up.
- He has found a gig as a basketball coach.
- She and her mother got on the gig to go shopping.
- The gig was already lowered, and in it were four oarsmen and a coxswain.
- He was never without a gig, at least at weekends.
- The band started gigging again last year.
- He gets gigged for being ten minutes late.