a hard kind of stone; a form of silica more opaque than chalcedony
a river in western Georgia that flows generally south to join the Chattahoochee River at the Florida border where they form the Apalachicola River
a city in southeast central Michigan near Detroit; automobile manufacturing
showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings;
"his flinty gaze"
"the child's misery would move even the most obdurate heart"
- It is possible to strike fire from flint.
- This layer of rock contains a lot of flint.
- He has a heart of flint.
- She gave him a look as hard as flint.
- flint glass 无色玻璃
- get water from a flint 击燧取水
- flay a flint 贪得无厌
- wring water from a flint 击燧取水
- set one's face like a flint 坚定不移
- flint-hearted 铁石心肠的
- heart of flint heart of stone
- old flint 老吝啬鬼
- fix someone's flint for him 惩罚某人
- skin a flint 极吝啬
- flint brick 燧石粘土砖
- flint glazing 燧石砑光
- flint pebble 燧石子
- flint clay 燧土
- boulder flint 卵石
- flint needle 砭针
- flint hide 干皮
- flint ball 燧石
- flint stone 燧石
- borate flint 含硼电石,含硼火石玻...
Callum, flint to other considerations, was penetrable to superstition.出自： Sir W. Scott