a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion;
"listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"
the location of a planet in the zodiac at which it is believed to exert its maximum influence
a flock of larks (especially a flock of larks in flight overhead)
the elevation of a person (as to the status of a god)
- He was obviously in a state of exaltation.
- The hallmark of the industrial age has been its exaltation of mechanical design.
- The news filled us with exaltation.
- There was a glow, an exaltation in her eyes.
- Her mood of ecstatic fidelity was a dangerous exaltation.
Joseph..told them the story of his exaltation in Pharaoh's court.出自： Defoe