- n. 估价；估计
- v. 估计；估价；评价
- [C]估计,估价 judgement or calculation
- [C]报价 statement of the price
- [C]判断 judgement of the character or qualities
- vt. & vi. 估计; 评价,评估 form a judgement or opinion about how much, how many, how good, or the like
an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth;
"an estimate of what it would cost"
"a rough idea how long it would take"
a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody;
"many factors are involved in any estimate of human life"
"in my estimation the boy is innocent"
a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
a statement indicating the likely cost of some job;
"he got an estimate from the car repair shop"
the respect with which a person is held;
"they had a high estimation of his ability"
judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time);
"I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
judge to be probable
- This is an outside estimate of the price.
- Your estimate was rejected by the seller.
- This is a safe estimate.
- We need to make an accurate estimate beforehand.
- I estimate it will take three months to build the bridge .
- Statisticians can estimate the highest expected winds.
- He estimates his losses at two million.
- The medicare cost is estimated to be one billion dollars.
- It's impossible to estimate his abilities yet.
- He is highly estimated among his colleagues.
- estimate at (v.+prep.)
估计,猜测…为 guess (usually a cost or size) to be (a stated amount)
estimate sth at sth
I estimate his age at thirty-five.
The police estimated the number of tourists at about 20000.
The firm estimated the cost of new house at ￡3000.
I would estimate the size of the garden at 100 square metres.
The cost of building railway was estimated at over one hundred thousand pounds.
- estimate for (v.+prep.)
对…估价 evaluate about sth
estimate for sth/v-ing
The man estimated for the repair of the car.
I asked building firms to estimate for the repair to the roof.
- estimate the cost 估计成本
- estimate the distance of a journey 估计旅途的行程
- estimate the losses 估计损失
- estimate the possibility 估计可能性
- estimate sb's real strength 估计某人的实力
- estimate the size 估计大小规模
- estimate the speed 预计速度
- estimate the total damage 估计总的损坏情况
- estimate the value of sth 估计某物的价值
- estimate a year's harvest 估计一年的收成
- estimate approximately〔roughly〕 大致地估计
- estimate conservatively 保守地估计
- estimate generally 大体上估计
- estimate highly 评价很高
- estimate justly 公正地评价
- estimate professionally 专业评估
- estimate rightly 正确地评价
- estimate theoretically 理论上评价
The journey was a fearfully heavy one..at her own estimate.出自： T. Hardy
He was mistaken if he expected her to be flattered by his estimate of her.出自： P. Larkin
While an author is yet living, we estimate his powers by his worst performance.出自： S. Johnson