deprive of by deceit;
"He swindled me out of my inheritance"
"She defrauded the customers who trusted her"
"the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination;
"She played nervously with her wedding ring"
"Don't fiddle with the screws"
"He played with the idea of running for the Senate"
- Diddle the switch see if the light comes on.
- I've been diddled! Half of these tomatoes are bad!
- Keep an eye on Tom, he'll diddle you if he gets the chance.
- They've diddled me out of the rent!
- I'm not much of a musician. I just like to diddle around.
I rather diddle about in the morning.出自： H. Nicolson