- n. 钻石；菱形；棒球内场；纸牌的方块
- vt. 用钻石装饰
- [U][C]金刚石,钻石 transparent precious stone of pure carbon in crystallized form, the hardest substance known
- [C]菱形 figure with four equal sides and with angles that are not right angles
- [C]方块牌 suit of playing-cards marked with red diamond shapes
a transparent piece of diamond that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
a parallelogram with four equal sides; an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram
a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more red rhombuses on it;
"he led a small diamond"
"diamonds were trumps"
the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
the baseball playing field
- She wore a diamond clip on her new dress.
- The diamond ring on her finger glittered in the light.
- Her bedroom curtains have a diamond pattern.
- Mr Smith laid off a baseball diamond on the vacant lot.
- You must play a diamond if you have one.
- The diamond sparkles with brilliant light.
- It's a synthetic diamond.
- The ring has a diamond in it.
- He gave her a diamond ring on the day when they were engaged.
- These diamonds are fake.
- Shall I wear my diamonds tonight?
- Things such as diamonds are expensive to buy.
- The value of diamonds has gone up in recent years.
- They are in a great need of industrial diamonds.
- This is a diamond.
- It was made of three diamonds.
- Diamonds are trumps.
- I've got only four diamonds in my hand.
- a diamond in the rough
外粗内秀的人 a man looks rude but his〔her〕 heart is good
- diamond cut diamond
棋逢对手 a game that none of the number can win
- diamond of the first water
第一流的好人 the best man
- contain diamond 镶钻石
- cut diamond 雕琢钻石
- grind diamond 磨光钻石
- polish diamond 磨光钻石
- set diamond 镶钻石
- wear diamond 戴钻石
- big diamond 大钻石
- black diamond 黑金刚石
- flawless diamond 完美无瑕的钻石
- industrial diamond 工业用钻石
- rough diamond 未经雕琢的钻石
- imitation diamond 人造钻石
He was betraying a diamond like John Tully to the filth.出自： G. F. Newman
- diamond的基本意思是“钻石,金刚石”,指一种已知的最坚硬的矿物质,可用于多种用途(如装饰首饰等); 还可以指类似于方块状,但又不是完全直角的形状,即“菱形”。diamond还可用来指纸牌游戏中的“方块”。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的diamant，意为金刚石。