- [C]侦探 a person whose job is to find out a crime
a police officer who investigates crimes
an investigator engaged or employed in obtaining information not easily available to the public
- The detective laid great stress on details.
- The detective was trying to ascertain exactly who was at the party.
- The detective thought the stick was relative to the murder case.
- The detective tried to reason out how the thief had escaped.
- The company hired a detective to investigate the accident.
- The detective posed as a mourner at the victim's funeral.
- She read detective stories as an escape.
- The detective film is very interesting.
- employ〔hire〕 a detective 雇用一名侦探
Vexed by the detective wisdom of critics.出自： George Eliot
Divorces and executions and the detective operations that lead up to them.出自： G. B. Shaw