- n. 高兴；快乐
- v. (使)高兴；(使)欣喜
- vt. 使高兴,使欣喜 cause (sb) great satisfaction, enjoyment, or joy
- vi. 感到高兴〔快乐〕 feel great pleasure
- [U]快乐,高兴 great pleasure; joy
- [C]使人高兴的东西或人 sth/sb that gives great pleasure
a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction;
"his delight to see her was obvious to all"
something or someone that provides a source of happiness;
"a joy to behold"
"the pleasure of his company"
"the new car is a delight"
give pleasure to or be pleasing to;
"These colors please the senses"
"a pleasing sensation"
take delight in;
"he delights in his granddaughter"
- She clapped her hands in delight.
- The children were prancing about with delight.
- He takes great delight in painting.
- We delight in going for long walks in the country.
- He delighted the audience with his performance.
- delight in (v.+prep.)
喜欢…; 以…为乐 take great pleasure in
delight in sb/sth/v-ing
She delights in him.
He delights in music.
The Smiths delight in travels.
His wife delights in the new car.
They delight in children's literature.
This is the kind of verbal sleight-of-hand that he delights in.
My father delighted in telling stories about my childhood.
My youngest brother delights in watching the monkeys in the zoo.
These youngsters delight in doing good deeds and helping others.
Jacelin seems to delight in making other people suffer.
I delighted in having my old friends at my home once again.
That uncle of yours is always delighting in contradicting me.
- delight with (v.+prep.)
因…而使(某人)高兴; 喜爱… be very pleased about (sb/sth)
delight sb with sb/sth
The child delighted his parents with mimicries.
Old china delights me with its delicate colour.
He delighted himself with his success.
My mother is delighted with my sister.
My teacher is delighted with my second article.
They were delighted with the result.
The children were delighted with the presents.
The whole family is delighted with the new house.
- take (a) delight in
以…为乐; 喜欢 find pleasure in (sth or doing sth)
take (a) delight in sth/v-ing
He seems to take delight in petty cruelty.
Cage always takes delight in proving others wrong.
Brooks took a delight in inflicting pain on others.
She took a great delight in playing the piano.
- discover the delights of 发现…的乐趣
- experience the delight of 感受到…的喜悦
- express one's delight at 表达对…的喜悦心情
- feel the delight of 感受到…的喜悦
- give delight to 给…以欢乐
- savour the delights of 体会到…的乐趣
- take delight in 以…为乐
- home-felt delight 内心的喜悦
- immeasurable delight 无限的喜悦
- incommunicable delight 不能言传的喜悦
- infinite delight 无限的喜悦
- irresistible delight 极富诱惑力的乐事
- supreme delight 极度喜悦
- ungovernable delight 无法控制的喜悦
- unutterable delight 说不出的喜悦
- in high delight 兴高采烈地
He gazed! he thrilled with deep delight!出自： Coleridge
The branch of knowledge..in which he takes the greatest delight.出自： B. Jowett
She laughed as if the idea..delighted her.出自： W. Cather
More than pleased: he had been delighted.出自： A. Mason