- [U]违抗,挑衅的态度; 蔑视 defiant behavior or a defiant manner; open disobedience
intentionally contemptuous behavior or attitude
a hostile challenge
a defiant act
- His defiance of the law cost him dearly.
- Those who bid defiance to the law will get into trouble.
- They went in defiance of the order.
- He had been deposed because of his defiance of Roman law.
- North Korea's defiance makes these delicate missions both more difficult and more necessary.
- It was a breach of security, even a small act of defiance, to read this book publicly for pleasure.
- She acted in defiance of my orders.
- He slammed the door in a spirit of defiance.
- He climbed the ladder in defiance of the warning.
- glare in defiance 轻蔑地瞪着眼睛
Shall we..send Defiance to the traitor, and so die?出自：Richard II , Shakespeare