- v. 发出碎裂声；嘎吱嘎吱地咀嚼；嘎喳嘎喳地碾过
- n. 嘎吱声；艰难局面；关键时刻
- vt. & vi. 嘎吱嘎吱地咬嚼 crush (food) noisily with teeth
- vi. 嘎吱作响 make a noise like the sound of sth being crushed
- [S]嘎吱的响声 a crunching sound
- [S]需要作出重要决策的困难时刻 a difficult moment when sth important must be decided
the sound of something crunching;
"he heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path"
a critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources);
"an end-of-the year crunch"
"a financial crunch"
the act of crushing
make a crushing noise;
"his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
press or grind with a crushing noise
"The children crunched the celery sticks"
reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading;
"grind the spices in a mortar"
"mash the garlic"
- The frozen snow crunched under our feet.
- The wheels crunched the gravel.
- There was a crunch as he bit the apple.
- He was caught in a financial crunch.
- We are today facing a serious credit crunch.
- When it comes to the crunch they will support us.
- He always says he'll help, but when it comes to the crunch, he does nothing.
- His leather boots crunched on the frozen snow.
- The greedy boy was crunching on a hard and dry piece of toast.
- He sat there crunching his cornflakes and reading the newspaper.
- We heard the crunch of wheels on the gravel drive.
- His spade cleaved the firm sand with a satisfying crunch.
- When it comes to the crunch she always supports me.
Listening to the half-yielding crunch of the ice.出自： E. K. Kane
The hippo..killed him by one crunch.出自： S. W. Baker
She ate her prey, holding it in her fore-paws and crunching with her head on one side.出自： H. Williamson
He reads the paper and crunches his toast.出自： L. Gould
- munch 大声咀嚼
- champ 大声地嚼
- chew 咀嚼
- chomp 大声地咀嚼
- crisis 危机
- critical point 临界点
- critical situation 重大局面
- crux 关键
- head 头部
- moment of truth 斗牛中的最后一剑...
- conjuncture 结合
- crumple （使)起皱
- gnash 咬(牙切齿)
- grind 磨
- crush 压碎
- crackle 发劈啪声
- scraunch 发嘎吱嘎吱声...
- bray 驴叫声
- mash 麦芽浆
- compaction 压缩
- craunch 嘎扎嘎扎的咬嚼...
- scranch 发嘎吱嘎吱声...
- cranch 嘎扎嘎扎的咬嚼...
- comminute 使成粉末