- [C][U]矛盾 disagreement; opposite
- [U][C]否认,反驳 denial; refutation
opposition between two conflicting forces or ideas
(logic) a statement that is necessarily false;
"the statement `he is brave and he is not brave' is a contradiction"
the speech act of contradicting someone;
"he spoke as if he thought his claims were immune to contradiction"
- Motion itself is a contradiction.
- The contradiction was only apparent.
- The contradiction has become apparent.
- This contradiction is hushed up .
- The report received the following contradiction.
- he spoke as if his claims were immune to contradiction.
- Those facts admit of no contradiction.
- There seems to be a contradiction between her word and action.
- That's a flat contradiction of what you said before.
- His speech contained many contradictions.
- Your attitude is in contradiction to your character.
- antagonistic contradictions 对抗性矛盾
- nonantagonistic contradictions 非对抗性矛盾
- principal contradictions 主要矛盾
There are those who pursue their own Way out of a Sourness and Spirit of Contradiction.出自： Steele