a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
tight or narrow compression
a tight feeling in some part of the body;
"he felt a constriction in her chest"
"she felt an alarming tightness in her chest"
"emotion caused a constriction of his throat"
the action or process of compressing
- Emotion caused a constriction of his throat.
- There was a small pleural effusion and no evidence of pericardial constriction.
- Eventually, unable to bear the constriction of family life, he left home.
- He felt a constriction in her chest.
- constrict 压缩
- kinetic constriction 着丝粒缢痕
- sealing constriction 密封压缩,密封缩颈...
- constriction meter 缩口测流计
- constriction resistance 集中电阻,接触电阻...
- tertiary constriction 三级缢痕
- centric constriction 着丝粒溢痕
- secondary constriction 次缢痕
- umbilical constriction 脐狭窄
- duodenopyloric constriction [医] 十二指肠幽门...
- primary constriction 主缢痕,初级缢痕...
- constriction correction 收缩修正
- chromosome constriction 染色缢痕
- median constriction 中央缢痕
- clypeate constriction 盾形缢缩
- centrical constriction 着丝缢痕
Boys and girls had become tired of the terrible social constrictions of political correctness.出自： B. Elton