in mental comfort; without stress;
"he works comfortably on three continents"
in physical comfort;
"she could have been lying comfortably in bed getting the same relief"
in financial comfort;
"They live well"
"she has been able to live comfortably since her husband died"
- All the rooms were comfortably furnished.
- He settled himself more comfortably in his chair.
- He can comfortably afford the extra expense.
- They are comfortably ahead in the opinion polls.
- They're comfortably off, so they can afford the house.
- uncomfortably 不舒适地