- [C]椰子 nut of tropical palm
- [U]椰肉，椰果 its flesh eaten raw or used in cooking
the edible white meat of a coconut; often shredded for use in e.g. cakes and curries
large hard-shelled oval nut with a fibrous husk containing thick white meat surrounding a central cavity filled (when fresh) with fluid or milk
tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics
- Coconut is usually seen in the South.
- The coconut fell to the ground right beside us.
- The coconut is particular to the tropics.
- The coconut palm trees planted after the war added to the beauty of the city.
- We feasted on chicken and coconuts.