a member of the clergy and a spiritual leader of the Christian Church
- He became a clergyman and remained so.
- The town clergyman took a strong stand against gambling.
- This clergyman is respected by all the villagers.
- He is a scholarly clergyman, and creditable to the cloth.
- The man was polite and his general demeanour had the air of a clergyman.
- priest 教士
- cleric 神职人员
- minister 外交使节
- ecclesiastic 神职者
- clergywoman 女牧师
- clerk 职员
- shepherd 牧羊者
- reverend 教士
- man of the cloth 教士
- layman 俗人(对僧侣而言)...