- n. 礼拜仪式；教堂；基督教徒
- adj. 教堂的
- v. 把 ... 带到教堂接受某种宗教仪式
- [C]教堂 a building for public Christian worship
- [U]礼拜仪式; 礼拜 the religious services held in a church
- [S]神职,牧师的职位 the profession of the priests and people employed for religious reasons
- [U]教权 religious power as compared with stated power
- [C]教派,教会 the organization of Christian believers, or of any of the various branches of Christianity
one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
a place for public (especially Christian) worship;
"the church was empty"
a service conducted in a house of worship;
"don't be late for church"
the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church;
"our church is hosting a picnic next week"
perform a special church rite or service for;
"church a woman after childbirth"
- Church begins at 9 o' clock.
- Christians go to church on Sundays.
- Everyone in church knelt in prayer.
- I'm just going to the church to see the priest.
- The Church has a duty to condemn violence.
- She loves church music.
- The church is close to the shops.
- The church was decorated with flowers.
- The church was a quiet haven amidst the noise and bustle of the streets outside.
- Our church held a fair to raise money for charity.
- They designed the building to be a church.
- Stained-glass windows ornament the church.
- She crossed herself as she left the church.
- There are three churches in this town.
- She lives in the second house after the church.
- You will find the shop you are looking for beside the church.
- They bought a new censer for the church.
- Commercial buildings are now beginning to dwarf the city churches.
- Church begins at nine o'clock.
- Aaron never goes to church.
- Christians go to church every week.
- He studies for the Church.
- By his donation the church was able to build a new Sunday School.
- The old man has one son in the medical profession and another in the church.
- She forsook her worldly possessions to devote herself to the church.
- The church women are forming a benevolent society.
- Which Church do you belong to?
- as poor as a church mouse
赤贫的 very poor
- at〔in〕 church
在教堂做礼拜 doing the religious services held in a church
- go into the church
就圣职 become a priest
- attend (a) church 去做礼拜
- enter a church 就神职,做牧师
- establish a church 建立教会〔教派〕
- give up the church 辞去圣职
- go into a church 就神职,做牧师
- go to (a) church 去做礼拜
- join the church 担任圣职
- neglect church 忽视教会
- famous church 著名的教堂
- free church 自由教会
- local church 地方教堂
- the Broad C- 广教派
- the Catholic C- 天主教会
- the Christian C- 基督教会
- the Christian Science C- 基督教科学教会
- the Congregational church (基督教)公理会
- the Eastern C- 东正教
- the High C- 高派教会
- the Low C- 低派教会
- the Orthodox C- 东正教
- the Western C- 天主教,罗马公教
- village church 乡村教堂
- the C- of Scotland 苏格兰教会
As soon as church was done, she immediately stepp'd out.出自： Steele
- church在用于“去教堂做礼拜〔结婚〕”“在教堂做礼拜”时,是抽象名词,其前不加冠词; 表示“去教堂办事”时，则须加冠词。
- go to church, go to the church
- He goes to church every Sunday.
- He went to the church to look for his wife.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的cirice，意为上帝的住所。