a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
bait consisting of chopped fish and fish oils that are dumped overboard to attract fish
a large Pacific salmon with small spots on its back; an important food fish
- The lodge-keeper had a son who was a chum of Master Grossjay's.
- At the banquet table , I had the good fortune to sit vis-a-vis an old school chum.
- They are harmless to humans if left alone and will not be attracted to chum.
- They used to chum in with each other in the past.
- Kenny tried to chum up with his new roommate but was only partially successful.
- He's going to chum with a friend next month instead of having a room to himself.