英 ['tʃɑːnsələ(r)] 美 ['tʃænsələr]
- n. 大臣；总理；名誉校长；大法官
- [C]大臣，司法官 a state or law official of high rank
the British cabinet minister responsible for finance
the person who is head of state (in several countries)
the honorary or titular head of a university
- He was England's worst Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- The knives are out for the chancellor.
- The Chancellor will present his budget to Parliament tomorrow.
- The move welcomed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Magistrate is responsible to the lord chancellor.
- In Britain the Chancellor of the Exchequer deals with taxes and government spending.
- The Chancellor of Exchequer will present his budget to Parliament tomorrow.
- The Prime Minister declined to go into details on the contents of his talks with the Chancellor of the Exchequer.