- [S]骑兵(队) soldiers who fight on horseback
troops trained to fight on horseback;
"500 horse led the attack"
a highly mobile army unit
- I am a soldier of the fourth cavalry.
- The cavalry is extremely majestic-looking.
- They were taken in flank by a troop of cavalry.
- The cavalry sang as they rode.
- The cavalry charged the hostile fort.
- The cavalry was/were advancing.
- The cavalry were/was ordered to advance.
- At on early age, he was sent off to join the cavalry.
- In a modern army, cavalry regiments use armoured vehicles and ride horses only on special public occasions.
- He is an officer in the cavalry.
- When the war came he was sent at once to join the cavalry at Curragh Camp in Ireland.