- =Cooperative for American Remittances to Everywhere 美国援外汇款合作组织
- =Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe 汇款到欧洲合作社
- =Cooperative for American Relief Everywhere 美国援外合作组织
- vt. & vi. 关心,担心,在乎,介意 mind; be concerned about
- vt. 喜欢,愿意 like
- [U]照顾,护理 the process of looking after and giving attention to sb who needs it, such as a sick or old person
- [U]小心,注意 carefulness in avoiding harm, damage, etc.
- [U]忧虑,挂念 worry, sorrow or uncertainty
- [C]负责照管、办理的事 a thing for which one is responsible; cause of sorrow and anxiety
the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something;
"no medical care was required"
"the old car needs constant attention"
judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger;
"he exercised caution in opening the door"
"he handled the vase with care"
an anxious feeling;
"care had aged him"
"they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
a cause for feeling concern;
"his major care was the illness of his wife"
attention and management implying responsibility for safety;
"he is in the care of a bodyguard"
activity involved in maintaining something in good working order;
"he wrote the manual on car care"
feel concern or interest;
"I really care about my work"
"I don't care"
provide care for;
"The nurse was caring for the wounded"
prefer or wish to do something;
"Do you care to try this dish?"
"Would you like to come along to the movies?"
be in charge of, act on, or dispose of;
"I can deal with this crew of workers"
"This blender can't handle nuts"
"She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
be concerned with;
"I worry about my grades"
- It makes me feel good that you care about me.
- She will care for the children while I am away.
- He doesn't care for fish.
- I don't care whether or not she will attend the meeting.
- Would you care for another help?
- Would you care to have a small wager on the game?
- The students don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- Owing to wet weather, motorists are advised to drive with extra care.
- John's old enough to take care of himself.
- He leads a life free from care.
- If you decide to do this, you need to take care of several things.
- This patient requires intensive care.
- I couldn't care less.
- She affected not to care.
- He failed in the examination but I don't think he cares very much.
- Please give me something to drink,I don't care which.
- The captain cares the safety of both the crew and the passengers.
- I don't care to go to the movies this evening.
- Would you care to come and have a chat with me?
- We wondered whether you would care to come with us.
- I don't care to see plays or films that depict murders or violence.
- Would you care to have a drink?
- Do you care to have lunch in town?
- He did not care to meet these people.
- He did not care to be disturbed.
- A cat does not care to be washed.
- You might care to look at this letter.
- Anyone who cares to come will be welcome.
- I don't think he would care to come.
- I don't care for others to read my diary.
- I wonder whether they will care for us all to go there.
- I would not care for him to speak ill of her.
- I don't care what to eat.
- An average man cares that things are either true or false, but a warrior doesn't.
- We won't let you in if you don't show your pass.We don't care who you are.
- I don't care what you do.
- She did not care what they thought of her.
- I don't care what we'll have for lunch if I don't have to cook it.
- They didn't care how much help they could get from outside.They would rely chiefly on themselves.
- Carrie doesn't care how far she has to walk.
- They didn't care if/whether it rained or not.
- I don't care whether he comes or not.
- I don't care whether it rains,I am happy.
- I don't care whether he stays or goes.
- The boss never cared whether a worker should live or die.
- I don't care if you smoke.
- The children have the best of care in new China.
- He owes it to his doctor's care that he is quite well again.
- Being forced to leave, the woman recommended her child to my care.
- On Sunday evening he dressed himself with special care.
- The peasants weeded and dressed the field with great care while the crop was growing.
- He said I should have given more care to my work.
- Handle with care, or the acid may get out.
- They planned out the trip with care.
- The matter requires great care.
- Care killed a cat.
- He had put off all personal cares.
- He was rich and free from cares of every kind.
- care about (v.+prep.)
- care for (v.+prep.)
尊重 have regard for
- in care of
转交 giving sb sth by the third person
- take care
坚持到底 keep on
- take care of
- the care of
由…照顾〔管理〕 being responsible for
- care nothing 对…没有兴趣
- care a bit 关心一点
- care hardly 几乎不关心
- care much 非常在乎
- care very much 很喜欢…,很关心…
- care well 非常关心
- care absolutely 绝对关心
- care aptly 恰当地关心
- care artistically 表面上关心
- care assiduously 专心致志地关心
- care chiefly 主要关心
- care comparatively 相对关心
- care confidentially 秘密地关心
- care consciously 有意识地关心
- care cordially 真心诚意地关心
- care deeply 深感关心
- care deliberately 故意关心
- care domestically 内部关心
- care efficiently 有效地关心
- care enthusiastically 热情关心
- care expertly 专家似地关心
- care falsely 假装关心
- care generally 一般地关心
- care imperfectly 不完全关心
- care morally 有教育意义地关心
- care needlessly 不必要地关心
- care personally 亲自关心
- care properly 适当关心
- care sensationally 合理地关心
- care spontaneously 自然地关心
- care unconsciously 不知不觉地关心
- care visibly 明显地关心
- care about 关心,计较,顾虑,当心
- care about one's clothes 讲究衣着
- care for 照管,关心,喜爱,想要
- care for elderly mother 照看上年纪的母亲
- care for others 关心他人
- care for some more coffee 再要些咖啡
- care for the change of the cabinet 对内阁的变更关心
- abolish care 消除烦恼
- banish care 排除疑虑
- bestow much care 对…多加关心
- carry care 不安
- demand care 需要注意
- drown one's cares 消愁
- ease care 安心
- escape care 避免劳神
- exercise care 当心,注意
- give care 关照
- lose care 抛开心事
- need care 需要关照
- provide care 关怀
- relax care 放松思想
- require care 需要关心
- show care 注意
- soothe care 去忧消愁
- take care 留心
- unload care 摆脱操劳
- anxious care 焦虑
- better care 更好的护理
- carping care 过分的挑剔
- chary care 谨慎的照看
- considerable care 值得考虑
- considerate care 周到的照料
- constant care 不断的关心
- daily care 日常事务
- deliberate care 仔细考虑
- devoted care 热心的料理
- dismal care 忧郁的心情
- domestic care 家务事
- due care 应有的谨慎
- extended care 延续的护理
- every possible care 一切可能的关心
- fastidious care 过分讲究
- great care 极其小心
- harassing care 折磨人的担心
- hospitable care 热情的照料
- hygienic care 卫生护理
- kindly care 亲切关怀
- loving care 关怀备至
- medical care 医疗护理
- primary care 初级护理
- special care 特别护理
- utmost care 极其仔细
- visible care 明显的关心
- wasting care 耗神
- worldly care 人世间的操劳
- business cares 商业事务
- child care 幼儿护理
- day care 日托,日间照管学龄前儿童
- doctor's care 医生护理
- emergency care 紧急护理
- family cares 家务琐事
- health care 保健
- nursing care 护理
- care center 托儿所
- by care 由于担心
- free from care 放心,安心,无忧无虑
- in sb's care 在某人的照料下
- leave sb in (the) care of 把某人托…照管
- a lot of cares 很多操心事
- to the care of sb 某人转交
- under sb's care 在某人的照看下
- under the care of sb 在某人的关怀〔照料〕下
- with care 在某人的关照下
- without a care 无忧无虑
- without due care 草草,仓促
His words infix'd unutterable care Deep in great Hector's soul.出自： Pope
I don't..care a fig for his opinion.出自： J. Galsworthy
I don't care a bugger whether you won't or will.出自： Dylan Thomas
I don't mean that one has to love people, but simply that one ought to care.出自： J. Braine
What care I if good God be If he be not good to me?出自： Stevie Smith
Don't you care enough about me to marry me?出自： B. Tarkington
- care, care about
- 1.care可用作及物动词, care about中的care是不及物动词。
- 2.care和care about的含义相同,都表示“在乎”“关心”,但care后可接从句或动词不定式,而care about后面一般接单个名词、动名词或代词。另外，care about比care更强调关心的内容。
- care about, care for
- 这两个短语都可作“关心”解,前者不如后者普遍,且care about更倾向强调重要,可译为“在乎”“在意”“关心”; 而care for强调“照料”“喜欢”。试比较:
- He doesn't care about money.
- He doesn't care for money.
- I don't care about going.
- I don't care to go.
- I don't care if I go.
- care about v-ing, care to-v
- I don't care about talking with her.
- He doesn't care to play football, he'd rather go for a walk.
- care for, be concerned about
- 1.care for主要用于人,且多用于口语中。例如:
- I really care for the students in my class, though I've taught them only two months. 我确实喜欢我班上的学生,尽管我才教他们两个月。
- Does she care for him at all? 她到底喜欢他吗?
- 2.be concerned about 既可用于人,也可用于物,多用于书面语中。例如:
- Please don't be concerned about me.请不要为我的事操心。
- Why are you so concerned about the boy's safety?你为何如此担心那孩子的安全?
- He is concerned about her illness.他担心她的病情。
- The leader was much concerned about the plight of the refugees.那位领导人对难民的悲惨处境很担忧。
- care, anxiety, worry
- 1.care指由于责任重大,担心与恐惧而产生的“忧虑”“担心”; anxiety则指因悬而未决或吉凶难卜的事而引起的焦虑与紧张不安,也可指因即将到来的灾难和不幸而产生的恐惧与忧虑; worry则指由于问题、环境及人而从内心深处产生的“不安”“焦虑”或“烦恼”。
- 4.care的复数形式cares常表示烦恼或引起不安的具体的事; worry的复数形式worries通常指生活中使人操心的事,而anxiety则没有此用法。例如:
- Care had made him look ten years older.操心使他看起来比实际年龄大了10岁。
- The rich had their cares also.有钱的人也有他们烦恼的事情。
- He expressed his anxiety for his son's safety.他说他担心儿子的安全。
- His anxiety for knowledge deserves our praise.他对于知识的渴望,值得我们赞扬。
- As his confidence in his work increased, his anxieties about his work is diminished.因为他对工作的信心增加了,对工作的担忧就减少了。
- care, concern
- 1.care后一般接介词for, concern后一般接for, about或at。例如:
- He showed no care〔concern〕 for others.他对别人漠不关心。
- He does not show much concern about it.他对那事不太关心。
- He expressed much concern at the news.他对这条消息十分关心。
- Great care should be exercised in the matter.对这件事应特别慎重。
- I have no concern with〔in〕 this business.我与这事不相干。
误 I don't care black coffee.
正 I don't care for black coffee.
析 care表示“计较”“介意”“在乎”,其后可接名词作宾语,如表示“喜欢”“想要”,应该说care for。他热爱他的工作,不计较工资多少。
误 He loves his job, so he does not care of his wages.
正 He loves his job, so he does not care about his wages.
析 表示“介意”“计较”,可用care about ,但不能用care of,后者表示“由…转给…”。有些人对别人漠不关心。
误 Some people do not care others.
正 Some people do not care about others.
析 “关心某人”应说care about sb,不可遗漏介词about。我对我们比赛的输赢是当作一回事的。
误 I really care about whether we win or lose.
正 I really care whether we win or lose.
析 表示“在乎”“介意”时, care 可直接接whether/if从句作宾语,不需搭用介词about。弯着腰去拾那枚硬币,我倒并不在乎。
误 I did not care to bend down to pick up the coin.
正 I did not mind bending down to pick up the coin.
析 征询某人是否乐于做某事,或对某事物是否感兴趣,可用care to do sth 或care for〔about〕 sth; 而征询某人对做某件事是否介意或反对时,须用mind。我想散散步。
误 I care for a walk.
正 I'd like to go for a walk.
析 care for表示“喜欢”“想要”时，一般只用于疑问句、否定句或条件句中; care接动词不定式时,多作礼貌性用语,在其他情况下多用like或want。
误 Mother stayed home to take a care of my baby.
正 Mother stayed home to take care of my baby.请爱护公物。
误 Take the care of public property, please.
正 Take care of public property, please.
析 表示“照料”“爱护”时, care前不加冠词。注意页码要写清楚。
误 Take care of pages are clearly numbered.
正 Take care that pages are clearly numbered.
析 take care一般用于祈使句,可以单独使用,也可后接从句,表示“注意”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的caru，意为悲痛，焦虑；最初源自原始日耳曼语的karo。