- [C]峡谷 deep gorge,usually with a river flowing through it
a ravine formed by a river in an area with little rainfall
- A canyon usually has a river flowing through it.
- Arizona is famous for the Grand Canyon.
- We plan to visit the Grand Canyon on our vacation.
- The Grand Canyon in the USA is 1900 metres deep and 25 kilometers wide at its maximum.
- The cold wind sweeps down the canyon.
- The Colorado River flows through the Grand Canyon.
- There was a river running through the canyon.
- They looked down into the canyon.
- He felt wonder mingled with awe at the Grand Canyon.
- The range itself was a series of mountains,chasms,canyons and valleys.