lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
to strike, thrust or shove against
place end to end without overlapping
- I paid only 3000 for this used car but it's worth a lot more.
- I don't wish to press the point, but you do owe me 200.
- It cost me 10 but I'll knock off 20% as it's no longer new.
- He was given 20 for expenses, but pocketed most of it.
- He is a Dane inasmuch as he was born in Denmark, but he became a British citizen at the age of 30.
- That was 40 years ago, but of course you wouldn't remember it.
- We invited twenty people, but only a handful of them came.
- He butted his head against the shelf as he was getting up.