- [A]二者,两者都 the two; the one as well as the other
- 二者 the two; not only the one but also the other
- 二者,二者都 the two; not only the one but also the other
(used with count nouns) two considered together; the two;
"both girls are pretty"
- Both his eyes are hurt.
- She kissed him on both cheeks.
- Both are good.
- Both of us knew it.
- He is both a soldier and a poet.
- A good manager is both competent and efficient.
- There are trees on both sides of the street.
- Both these flowers are beautiful.
- Both my parents are kind.
- Both (the) students were excellent.
- Both felt that they are very intimate.
- I don't like both of them.
- We both participated in this work.
- And then they both were silent.
- They shall both be put to death.
- You are both right.
- John and Mary have both won the prizes.
- Her brothers,both of whom work in Scotland.
- Both of them swim well.
- Not both the boys were late.〔Both the boys were not late.〕
- Both the teacher and the students have come.
- You've given both your uncle and myself a lot of trouble.
- Mrs. Cox is both kind and gentle to her pupils.
- He both speaks and writes Russian.
- We should pay attention both to industry and to agriculture.
- Both now and always,I'm your friend.
- He can sing and dance both.
- have it both ways
二者兼得 combine two ways of thinking or behaving; satisfy two demands
- have it both ways 忽左忽右
- burn the candle at both ends 非常忙碌
- make the best of both worlds 两全其美
- have a foot in both camps 脚踏两只船
- swing both ways 双性恋的
- cut both ways 模棱两可(双方受害...
- butter one's bread on both sides 浪费
- be on both sides of the fence 两面讨好
- make the worst of both worlds 两头吃亏
- the best of both worlds 两方面的优点(两全其...
- take one's courage in both hands 勇往直前
- take your courage in both hands 勇往直前(敢作敢为)...
- get the best of both worlds 过最好的物质和精神生...
- take gifts with both hands 从利害相反的双方受贿...
- bread buttered on both sides 极幸福的境遇(安乐的...
- sleep on both ears 酣睡
- play both ends against the middle 为获利而脚踏两只船...
- jump in with both feet 全心全意地从事(不加...
- There is much to be said on both sides. 双方都有自己的道理。...
- both sides welding 双面焊接
To plate the both horns round about with gold.出自： G. Chapman
Both thy brethren are in Arthur's hall.出自： Tennyson
We are both men of the world.出自： Dickens
The brothers might both have come.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
I held on to the timber with both hands.出自： E. Hemingway
We both keep a kind of daily journal.出自： R. Macaulay
One heart seemed to beat in both their bodies.出自： J. Johnston
- both作同位语时，一般用在助动词、系词之后,实义动词之前; 但为了强调,both也可置于助动词或系词之前,如一个句子中,既有助动词又有系动词时,可用在助动词后,系动词之前。但是不能紧放在代词前。
- both与复数名词连用时,若该名词前有the,these或物主代词,其前用both或both of均可,当both跟who或人称代词搭配时只能用both of。
- both作副词时主要和and连用构成关联连词,意思是“…和…都; 又…又…; 既…又…”,连接两个同类型的短语,重点在and之后,用作主语时,谓语动词须用复数形式。
- both, all
- all 与 both 都可用于名词之前,常与限定词the, this, my等连用。二者的区别是:
- 1.all可与可数名词的单、复数或不可数名词连用; 而 both 只能与复数的可数名词连用。
- 2.当这两个词与可数名词的复数形式连用时, all 指三个或三个以上; 而both则指两个。
- Both the foreign guests planted a tree.
- The two foreign guests planted a tree.
- both, either, neither
- 这三个词都表示“两者…”。neither表示“两者都不…”,常与单数谓语动词搭配; both表示“两者都…”,常与复数谓语动词搭配; either表示“两者之一”,常与单数谓语动词搭配。
- Both of us won a prize. 我们两人各获一个奖品。
- We both won a prize. 我们俩共获一个奖品。
误 The both children have been to Greece.
正 Both (the) children have been to Greece.
误 I'm writing to tell both about my life in London.
正 I'm writing to tell you both about my life in London.
正 I'm writing to tell both of you about my life in London.
误 They are both alike.
正 They are alike.
析 代词both不能和alike,as well as,at once,between,equally等连用。
误 Both expert and red students are admired.
正 The students who are both expert and red are admired.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bothe，意为两。