hard close-grained wood of any of various birch trees; used especially in furniture and interior finishes and plywood
any betulaceous tree or shrub of the genus Betula having a thin peeling bark
a switch consisting of a twig or a bundle of twigs from a birch tree; used to hit people as punishment;
"my father never spared the birch"
consisting of or made of wood of the birch tree
whip with a birch twig
- The birch has smooth bark and slender branches.
- They've got a wonderful birch in the back garden.
- He switched the boys with a birch stick.
- Usually, we use birch wood to make the baby crib.
- Should we bring back the birch as a punishment?