- n. 難題；謎；迷惑；拼圖遊戲
- vt. 使為難；使困惑
- vi. 苦思；迷惑
- 苦思，苦苦思索 ，仔細琢磨
- vt. 使迷惑,使難解 cause difficulty in the effort to explain or understand
- vi. 為難,傷腦筋,苦思 make a great effort of the mind in order to understand or find the answer to a difficult question
- [S]迷惑,困惑 confusion
- [C]智力測驗,智力玩具,謎 problem or toy that is designed to test a person's knowledge, ingenuity, skill, etc.
- [S]難題,令人費解的事〔人〕 question that is difficult to understand or answer; mystery
a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution;
"he loved to solve chessmate puzzles"
"that's a real puzzler"
a game that tests your ingenuity
be a mystery or bewildering to;
"This beats me!"
"Got me--I don't know the answer!"
"a vexing problem"
"This question really stuck me"
be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide;
"We puzzled over her sudden departure"
- Will you help me to solve this puzzle?
- He sat frowning over a crossword puzzle.
- Her decision was a puzzle to him.
- She could not get the puzzle out of her mind.
- He is in a puzzle about the matter.
- The question puzzled me.
- I've never been able to puzzle her out.
- I have in mind some doubts which really puzzle me.
- I saw him puzzle over a math problem.
- She listened with a puzzled expression on her face.
- The spelling of English is often puzzling.
- The letter puzzled me.
- His recent behavior puzzles me.
- How the cat got out puzzled us.
- Waking up in strange surroundings puzzled her.
- The question puzzled students.
- There are several points that tend to puzzle beginners.
- The woman's illness puzzled the doctor; he couldn't find the cause.
- He puzzled the meaning of the sentence.
- You have puzzled the meanings of the two words.
- He puzzled his brains to find an answer.
- They puzzled their wits to find a solution.
- Didn't you remark that he was puzzled?
- They were puzzled by the move.
- Tom was puzzled by the examination questions.
- Sister Carrie was puzzled by the crowd and traffic in the city.
- I was puzzled with the question.
- I felt very puzzled at the words.
- In fact we Europeans are always puzzled to see the almost total Americanization of Japan.
- They were puzzled to bag nothing except a rabbit.
- He was puzzled how to act.
- He was puzzled what to do next.
- I am utterly puzzled what to do with it.
- I am puzzled why you didn't try for a university scholarship.
- They are puzzled in their minds what that word means.
- The children are puzzled how the world came into being.
- He shows a great interest in crossword puzzles.
- Their reason for doing it is still a puzzle to me.
- puzzle about (v.+prep.)
想找出 want to find
puzzle about sth
He was studying the map and puzzling about the easiest way to cross the mountains.
他在仔細察看地圖,想找出最容易穿過山區的道路。puzzle about wh-to-v
We puzzled for two months about where to put you.
為了安置你,我們苦思了兩個月。puzzle sth about sth
They all puzzled their brains about the problem.
他們都冥思苦想這個問題。puzzle sb about wh-to-v
The student was puzzled about what to do next.
- puzzle out (v.+adv.)
推測出 infer sth; conjecture sth; guess sth
puzzle sb/sth ⇔ out
We could not puzzle out Mary's intention.
He puzzled out the mystery story before he finished the book.
It's good for students to puzzle things out for themselves.
I puzzled it out and made a translation of it.
I've never been able to puzzle her out, and still can't.
我一直對她捉摸不透,到現在還是這樣。puzzle out wh-to-v
We finally puzzled out how to open the box.
我們最後終於想出怎樣打開盒子。puzzle out wh-clause
I've tried for weeks to puzzle out what could have made Mary so angry that she hasn't written to us.
I've been trying to puzzle out which piece of work is most urgent.
- puzzle over (v.+prep.)
苦苦思考 think long and hard
puzzle over sth
He was puzzling over the old map.
They puzzled over the question for quite a while.
這問題他們想了很久。puzzle oneself/sb over sth
He puzzled himself over the matter.
She was puzzled over the decision.
She was puzzled over his strange behaviour.
- puzzle through (v.+prep.)
鑽研 cudgel one's brains to evolve an idea
puzzle sth through sth
The boy puzzled his way through geometry.
- in a puzzle about〔as to〕
對(某事)困惑不解sth that one can't understand or explain
- puzzle the beginners 使初學者感到困惑不解
- puzzle the doctor 難住了醫生
- puzzle the meaning of the sentence 不能理解句中的含義
- puzzle the meanings of the two words 混淆了這兩個詞的意思
- puzzle the students 使學生們困惑不解
- puzzle bewilderingly 使人迷惑不解
- puzzle completely 使人徹底地迷惑不解
- puzzle steadily 略有為難
- puzzle superficially 表面上地為難
- puzzle utterly 使完全迷惑不解
- puzzle out an answer 猜出答案
- puzzle out a truth 研究出真理
- puzzle through 摸索著通過
- puzzle about〔over〕 為…大傷腦筋,對…冥思苦想
- puzzle one's brain about a problem 絞盡腦汁以求解決某一問題
- puzzle over the matter 對那事絞盡腦汁
- puzzle over the question 對此問題迷惑不解
- puzzle one's brain upon a problem 絞盡腦汁以求解決某一問題
- puzzle sb with a question 使某人對某問題無以對答
The result would be..utter puzzle and bewilderment.出自： M. Arnold
Thou art more puzzled than the Egyptians in their fog.出自：Twelfth Night , Shakespeare
The question has always puzzled me.出自： E. Peacock
- puzzle, bewilder, confuse
- 1.puzzle為日常用語,指對不能解釋的事物感到迷惑; confuse指由於思想的迷亂或某些事情的混淆而產生困惑; bewilder指使人思想混亂到不知所措的程度。
- 2.在語氣上, puzzle語氣較輕, confuse較重, bewilder最重。
- puzzlement n. 困惑,苦思