damaged by blows or hard usage;
"a battered old car"
"the beaten-up old Ford"
damaged especially by hard usage;
"his battered old hat"
exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury;
"a battered child"
"the battered woman syndrome"
- The battered fragments even now command our admiration.
- The world was brutally battered but it survived.
- And now and again, my battered heart swells.
- I ran to my room, and got a battered suitcase.
- She walked slowly toward the bus stop, feeling battered.