- 到旁边；在旁边 to the side;out of the way
- 留；存 keeping time, money, land, etc. for future use or a particular purpose
- 除外 except for one thing, sth is true
- [C](戏剧)旁白 sth which a character in a play says to the audience, but which the other characters on stage are not intended to hear
- [C]低声说的话 remark, often made in a low voice, which is not intended to be heard by everyone present
- [C]离题话 remark that is not directly connected with the main subject that is being discussed
a line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage
a message that departs from the main subject
on or to one side;
"stood aside to let him pass"
"threw the book aside"
"put her sewing aside when he entered"
out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts);
"brush the objections aside"
"pushed all doubts away"
not taken into account or excluded from consideration;
"these problems apart, the country is doing well"
"all joking aside, I think you're crazy"
in a different direction;
"turn away one's face"
placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose;
"had a feeling of being set apart"
"quality sets it apart"
"a day set aside for relaxing"
in reserve; not for immediate use;
"started setting aside money to buy a car"
"put something by for her old age"
"has a nest egg tucked away for a rainy day"
- This is surely an author's aside.
- He spoke in an aside of his family.
- She has cast her old friends aside.
- Before it could be spoken another thought turned it aside.
- We turned aside from the main road.
- I shall have to go aside for a few moments.
- Stand aside and let these people pass.
- He moved aside to watch.
- She stepped aside to let them pass.
- She looked appealingly in his direction, but he turned aside.
- Move the chair aside.
- He took me aside to give me some advice.
- He took me aside and began to talk to me about his boyhood.
- She took me aside so that no one would overhear her proposal.
- He took her aside and asked her what was wrong.
- He took John aside and talked business.
- She threw the newspaper aside in disgust.
- If you keep that book aside for a few minutes, I will go and get the money for it.
- Push your trouble aside.
- The little boy was pushed roughly aside.
- He was forced aside by the money clique in 1990.1990
- The complaint was set aside as of no importance.
- Joking aside, we really must do something.
- Money worries aside, things are going well.
- The dazzle of high technology aside, New England's economy is still largely based on fishing.
- You're right to mention her home circumstances, but that aside, how is her school work?
- The informative asides about rural life make this wine guide rather special.
- She whispered an aside to him.
- His low aside, “We've won!” was overheard.
- I mention it only as an aside.
- In an aside he said to his servant,“See that man, gets something to eat.”
- She said, in a loud aside, “Oh, I am so hungry!”
- Responsible journalists know they should not quote the informal asides that politicians give in interviews.
- aside from
除…之外except for;besides;in addition to
- brush〔cast, sweep〕 sth aside
不理会某事refuse to consider to deal with sth
- leave〔put, set〕 sth aside
留作…用keep time, money, land, etc. for future use or a particular purpose
- brush aside 漠视，撇开不管；扫除，清除
- cast aside 除掉；丢弃；脱去
- draw aside 把…拉开；把…拉到一边
- elbow aside 粗暴地把…推向一边；使…让地方给另一人
- fling aside 把…扔在一边；漠视，撇开不管；抛弃
- go aside 走到一边；离开其他人
- lay aside 把…放在一边；搁置；暂时停止做…；抛弃；戒除；储存；留作别用
- leave aside 搁置；撇开不管
- look aside 侧目而视；看别的地方；转移注意力
- place aside 搁置；暂时停一停；抛弃；戒除；储存；留作别用
- pull aside 把…移在一边；把…叫到一边私下谈
- push aside 把…推到一边;把…挤到一边
- put aside 储存；留出；省出；把…放在一边；搁一搁；丢开；为…留出；不去考虑
- set aside 不理会；剔除；丢开；不管；拒绝接收；宣布无效；抽出；留出；放在一边；搁置
- shoulder aside 把…推到一边;使给…让出位子
- stand aside 站在一边；袖手旁观；站开；让开；退出竞争
- step aside 走到一边去；躲到一旁；退出竞争；让路；(谈话)离开本题
- sweep aside (用手或扫帚)推向一边；不理会；漠视
- throw aside 把…扔在一边；不管；放弃；再也不干
- thrush aside 推到一边;挤向一边；让位给
- toss aside 随便扔到一边；不理会；漠视
- turn aside 转过脸去；躲开；让开；避免；搁在一边；离开正题；绕道
- wave aside 示意…到一边去；示意把…搬走；对…置之不理
- aside from 〈美〉除…之外,既…又…
Ganesh stood between the women, but The Great Belcher moved him aside.出自： V. S. Naipaul
He throws the paper aside and picks up the Guardian.出自： T. Stoppard
- aside from主要用于美式英语中，与apart from的意义和用法完全相同，可表示“除…之外(别无)”，也可表示“除…之外(尚有)”。
- away 离开
- notwithstanding 虽然
- apart 相距
- beside 在 ... 旁边
- alongside 在旁边
- despite 尽管
- howbeit 然而
- albeit 虽然(即使)
- nevertheless 尽管如此
- yet 还
- off 表示状态的关闭或离开...
- digression 离题
- parenthesis 圆括号
- next to 邻近
- sideways 向旁边
- sidewise 向一边的
- in spite of 不顾
- regardless 不顾的
- however 然而
- in reserve 留下来的
- separately 分别地
- departure 出发
- tangent 接触的
- interposition 插入
- whisper 低语
- remark 评论
- next 下一个的
- undertone 低音
- by-play 次要的
- soliloquy 自言自语
- to 对于
- spite 恶意
- of 关于
- in 在 ... 里
- by 靠近
- excursus 附记
- divagation 偏差