- The war is going against us.
- He is inconsistent in his loyalty: sometimes he supports us, sometimes he's against us.
- When the third goal was scored against us, we knew the match was past redemption.
- If we impose import duties, other countries may retaliate against us.
- The general conjectures that the enemy will launch an attack against us this night.
- He's a member of the other team and secretly let us know who his side were going to field against us at the next match, so we gave him ten pounds conscience money.