English poet who wrote an allegorical romance celebrating Elizabeth I in the Spenserian stanza (1552-1599)
- Spenser took a great pride in his country and in his Protestant faith.
- Edmund Spenser is the most outstanding poet who lived between the age of Chaucer and that of Shakespeare.
- Euclid and Shelley, Edmund Spenser and Herbert Spencer, King David Hume, are all followers of the art.of letters.
- Euclid and Shelley, Edmund Spenser and Herbert Spencer, King David Hume, are all followers of the art of letters.
- So that Spenser was in the true tradition when he called the knights of his Faerie by the name of Elfe.
- It is Spenser's idealism, his love of beauty, and his exquisite melody that make him know as “the poets” poet.