originally a stronghold captured by David (the 2nd king of the Israelites); above it was built a temple and later the name extended to the whole hill; finally it became a synonym for the city of Jerusalem;
"the inhabitants of Jerusalem are personified as `the daughter of Zion'"
Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean; formerly part of Palestine
an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal
- Could you please give me the international divi sion?
- It causes no pain but an illu sion of unimaginable picture.
- Certainly,I'm sure there will be no oc ca sion for arbitration.
- For mount Sion, because it is destroyed, foxes have walked upon it.
- Con clu sion Among four schemes,Amoxicillin Sodium was the best one.
- Treatment group were superior to control groups(P<0.01). Con-clu sion.
- -sion =-ion