(Greek mythology) ancient personification of the sea; father of Nereus
an ancient region of northern Asia Minor on the Black Sea; it reached its height under Mithridates VI but was later incorporated into the Roman Empire
- There is anothermention of the Ouroboros laying at the edge of "the sea which surroundsthe world," called Pontus.
- Pontus is committed to its team members' career development and strives to maintain a friendly working environment.
- At this point, however, we single out only Iris [eye\'ris], a beautiful descendant of Pontus and Gaia.
- A possible link between Persia and Rome, which could be the stage for these changes, may be the kingdoms of Parthia and Pontus in Asia Minor.
- After years of hard working of passionate, diverse, and committed team members, Pontus is experiencing a high growth phase.
- A famous collection of two to four thousand agate bowls which was accumulated by Mithridates, king of Pontus, shows the enthusiasm with which agate was regarded.