- Muscicapidae and Paridae are known to be two monophylitic families, but Sylviidae is not a monophyletic group.
- Any of various Eurasian birds of the family Muscicapidae that feed on insects, usually catching the insects in flight.
- The results showed that sylviids should be listed as an independent family, while robins and flycatchers should be listed into Muscicapidae.
- any of various Eurasian birds of the family Muscicapidae that feed on insects,usually catching the insects in flight
- in some classifications considered a subfamily (Sylviinae) of the family Muscicapidae: Old World (true) warblers; American kinglets and gnatcatchers.
- A NEW AVIAN SUBSPECISS RECORD IN MAINLAND CHINA, FICEDULA NARCISSINA OWSTONI (PASSERIFORMES, MUSCICAPIDAE)