- 蠕动，慢慢地爬过，虫一般地爬 ，悄悄地行（走）
- 骗取信任，从某人处套出话来 ，不断套问
- Write-Once Read Multiple 【计】一写多读光盘
- [C] 虫; 蠕虫 small long thin creeping animal with a soft rounded or flattened body and no backbone or limbs
- vt. 为…驱虫 get rid of parasitic worms
any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes; also many insect larvae
a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network;
"worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers"
screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling);
"The prisoner writhed in discomfort"
"The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"
- The worm was crushed under the feet.
- The bird had a worm in its beak.
- The most infamous is known as the Internet Worm.
- When you open the file, it activates the worm.
- I have no idea as to how to worm out of the job.
- They have to worm their way through the narrow tunnel.
- I think we would better worm the cat .
- The vet prescribed a medicine to worm my puppy.
- He manages to worm into an important position in the government.
- Many birds eat worms.
- The glowworm isn't a worm.
- I think we'd better worm the cat.
- Have you found any drug to worm your dog?
- My children have worms.Maybe you've got some gentle drug to worm them with?
- worm in (v.+adv.)
蠕行,钻进 enter a narrow space by twisting slowly; enter by indirect
Don't let any nonmembers worm in.
We must be on guard not to let the enemy spies worm in.
- worm into (v.+prep.)
使(自己)蠕行 move slowly
worm oneself into sth
He wormed himself into the front row.
- worm out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
回避或逃避… avoid or escape from (one's responsibilities, etc. or doing sth)
worm out of sth
How did the prisoner worm out of the hole where we trapped him?
这个囚犯是怎样从陷阱里钻出去的呢?worm sth ⇔ out of sb
Her sister was very clever at worming her secrets out of her.
I finally wormed out of her the reason she broke off her engagement to Jim.
我终于问出她和吉姆解除婚约的原因。worm out of sth/v-ing
How is she going to worm out of the charge?
How can I worm out of giving that report?
That boy is always trying to worm out of the jobs I give him to do in the house.
The old thrush goes on worming.出自： Rider Haggard
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wurm，意为蚯蚓。