characteristic of or occurring in winter;
"suffered severe wintry weather"
"brown wintry grasses"
- Never thought I'd ever feel the sunlight shining through my wintery sky.
- Colour wise, spring fashion is moving away from the wintery shades of grey that were popular in Autumn/Winter 2006.
- Software Description: About Equine Winter, Here are 35 wintery scenes of horses, donkeys and mules.
- Imagine sausage and radicchio together, it sounds very wintery and just thinking at it I started to feel warmer.
- Software Description: About Polar Bear Family, This theme has a wintery scene with a family of snuggly polar bears.
- This decidedly wintery album was recorded in the scorching heat of an unusually warm Seattle summer.